April 28, 2009
Hello Friends & Supporters !
Making an appearance in FEB 2009 at Estill HS with The "GEAR UP " PROGRAM TO OVER 200 HS GIRLS
Dr Bambi Gaddist, Executive Director of SC HIV/AIDS Center, she's making a powerful difference in the lives of women throughout SC against the fight of HIV/AIDS. She was honored a HERO from CNN . Her passion is also teen pregnancy prevention education.
I am finally catching a breath to post my amazing journey as Mrs South Carolina International 2009 since my FEB crowning and appearances. What can I say , I knew one day my DREAM would come true, and so many people take DREAMS for granted but never should you, they fuel you to greatness and open doors of new opportunities and simply RE-OPEN doors that you thought were closed forever ! In my case I thought this door was closed forever and 20 years later that crown I was wanting since a teen is on my head !!! Wow what a gift GOD laid upon me.
I competed in the state competition of International Pageants on 2 separate occasions 2003 and 2005. In 2003 it was an exciting time for me because it was my very first time competing since a teen, I placed 2nd runner up among some truly amazing women and I won interview. I would never forgot a beautiful poised woman named Mary Snipes Phillips who won the overall title of MRS SC International and I thought she was just graceful and confident as they come! I was so on cloud nine and you couldn't have told me I didn't win that title.
Well actually it is May 1 , 2009 in 15 minutes and I am so tired, my husband and I have been traveling today about 100 miles out of town to a dear friend father's funeral. We are also working pretty hard on several new projects. I have been speaking all over SC to teens on Teen Pregnancy & Success as well making some amazing appearances with the American Heart Association as a "GO RED" woman in partnership with Mrs International Pageants. just an amazing journey.......
March and April I performed a number of duties as Mrs SC INT 2009 and some included just getting my butt to the gym and of course explaining to everyone what I am doing. On a more serious note I made some great appearances and impact in my community. more posts coming
lori
No comments:
Post a Comment